Monday, July 31, 2006

And away we go...:A Statement of Principles




So why have I entered the blogging world? I was mostly inspired by the growing disappointment I felt with a certain film message board I often visit, one which seems to be moving away from the engaging analysis I once enjoyed and toward the type of surface commentary that is rampant in 'net movie discussions. I was particularly put off by the forum's discussion of Rob Zombie's DEVIL'S REJECTS. Most of the posters dismissed the film as yet another rocker trying to be cool and "edgy", ignoring the numerous interviews in which the perceptive Mr. Zombie explained his motivations for this grindhouse treatise on screen violence. I wrote an impassioned defense of the film and a rebuttal to the superficial nature of the forum's discussion, but it was lost in the internet ether when I tried to post it. Now, one year later, I've decided to establish a place for similar thoughts where I can have more control over their formatting and delivery.

So what can you expect from this blog? Well, if you want tons of insight into my personal life call me up sometime, 'cause you wont be finding much of that here. Much of the featured content will be movie related, but I'll assuredly be diving into music, politics, culture, pro wrestling and several other areas of my interest as well. I'll try to be interesting, but I offer no guarantees. I have more to say about this topic, but it's late so you'll have to wait. In the meantime, enjoy.

No comments: